As 2022 comes to an end, we’re feeling nostalgic — so, cue a little throwback.
Each day, we’ve loved covering the most engaging, positive, and local news across San Diego. Let’s stroll down memory lane and see which stories you clicked the most this year — and which posts caught your eye on our Instagram feed. 📱
- 5 cool retro diners | From Rudford’s to Crest Café, San Diegans sure love their cute, colorful, old school diners.
- 50 great brunch restaurants | Y’all like to brunch, too — we feel seen.
- 8 plants that naturally grow in San Diego | We appreciate that locals have a growth mindset.
- 8 beautiful local beaches | Of course you gravitated toward the shoreline; expect another round of beachy goodness like this in 2023.
- Vegan, vegetarian, and plant-based restaurants | Your palate deserves it all.
- 10 of SD’s coolest ice cream shops | OK, we’re seeing a pattern — San Diegans like to eat.
- Adoptable pets | You wanted to know about local animal shelters and we think that’s absolutely purrfect.
- San Diego County Fair guide | You were ready for the games, concerts, and fried fare at the Del Mar summer tradition — the 2023 edition returns with a camping theme Wednesday, June 7-Tuesday, July 4.
- 10 pumpkin patches to visit | But when the season turned, you were more than ready to pick your perfect pumpkin.
- Day passes at 8 cool hotel pools | Sunbathing poolside? We’re not surprised you wanted to make the most of sunny San Diego days at these great spots.
- 40 local volunteer opportunities | San Diegans are so kind, and it shows.
- Inside San Diego Comic-Con International 2022 | You cruised with us into the Exhibit Hall at the San Diego Convention Center — and it was colorful.
- Outside San Diego Comic-Con International 2022 | You also loved the sights and activations all over the Gaslamp Quarter — and Michael and I went into other realms.
- Strand Beach in Oceanside | A perfect summer sunset, need we say more?
- Coco Maya | You were jazzed about the debut of this “Yucatan-inspired” restaurant in Little Italy.
- Scrippshenge | The magical “starburst” alignment happens once a year beneath Scripps Pier in La Jolla, and you were there for it.
- Shibuya Nights | We know San Diegans love a good restaurant, and this spot covered in cherry blossom petals and Japanese-inspired street art certainly caught your eye.
⚾ Honorable Mentions | That time when the first round of the San Diego Bay Parade of Lights was canceled due to a storm, and — of course — that beautiful, historic moment on Oct. 15, 2022, when the San Diego Padres beat the Los Angeles Dodgers to win the National League Division Series. What a night.