In our best ghoul voices, this is Halloween, this is Halloween. 🎶
The season has us dreaming of picking our perfect pumpkin — and we have a feeling you’re right there with us.
So, we’ve harvested 10 pumpkin patches across San Diego County offering family-friendly fall fun. Gourd big or go home, right?
- 2022 Pumpkin Patch at Bates Nut Farm | Open through Mon., Oct. 31 | Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. + Saturday-Sunday, 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. | 15954 Woods Valley Rd., Valley Center | Free admission; $8 parking on weekends | The longtime family-owned farm busts out its finest gourds and autumn events.
- Oma’s Pumpkin Patch | Open through Sat., Oct. 29 | Tuesday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. | 14950 El Monte Rd., Lakeside | $11+ | Reserve your spot ahead of time for the East County attraction featuring pumpkins, play zones, and wagon rides.
- The Pumpkin Patch at Carlsbad Strawberry Company | Open through Sun., Nov. 6 | Daily, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. | 1050 Cannon Rd., Carlsbad | $6, kids under 5 free | The strawberries may be gone, but the pumpkins are out in full force; add the corn maze, tractor rides + petting zoo to make a whole day of it.
- Goff Family Pumpkin Patch | Thurs., Sept. 29-Mon., Oct. 31 | 2830 Perry Rd., Liberty Station | Sunday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. + Friday-Saturday, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. | Free admission | This “pop-up” patch will feature ~10,000 pumpkins for the picking, festive photo opportunities, lawn games, and beer on tap every Friday + Saturday.
- Pumpkin Station | Fri., Sept. 30-Mon., Oct. 31 | Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. + Friday-Sunday, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. | Mission Valley, National City, Bonita, Del Mar, Rancho Bernardo | Free admission; cost of activities vary | These patches span five locations and offer pumpkins, hayrides, a corn maze, and a petting zoo.
- Mr. Jack O’Lanterns Pumpkin Patch | Sat., Oct. 1-Mon., Oct. 31 | Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. + Friday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. | 6710 La Jolla Blvd., La Jolla | Free admission; cost of activities vary | This beachside patch boasts bounce houses, mazes + games.
- PB Pumpkin Patch | Sat., Oct. 1-Mon., Oct. 31 | Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. + Saturday-Sunday, 8 a.m.-10 p.m. | 870 Garnet Ave., Pacific Beach | Free admission | After you’ve picked your pumpkin, head to the complimentary carving + painting area and enjoy hot apple cider and shaved ice for the little ones.
- Mountain Valley Ranch Pumpkin Patch | Open through Mon., Oct. 31 | Daily, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. | 842 Highway 78, Ramona | Free admission; cost of activities vary | An assortment of pumpkins + corn, a petting zoo, maze, and pony rides on certain days.
- Summers Past Farms | Thurs., Sept. 29-Mon., Oct. 31 | Thursday-Saturday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. + Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | 15602 Olde Highway 80, Flinn Springs | Free admission | Pumpkins, a small corn maze + a hay fort.
- Tom’s Adventures Pumpkin Patch | Sat., Oct. 1-Mon., Oct. 31 | Monday-Friday, 3-9 p.m. + Saturday-Sunday, 11 a.m.-9 p.m. | Chula Vista, Vista + San Marcos | Free admission; cost of activities varies | These patches span three locations in the South Bay + North County — with games, bounce houses, and inflatable slides.
📩 Did we miss your favorite local pumpkin patch? Plant a seed and email us the info so we can check it out.