Getting hungry, Pacific Beach? Wave hello to a new 4,000-sqft food hall at the corner of Mission Boulevard and Garnet Avenue — appropriately named Mission + Garnet. The project is the vision of local restaurateur Scott Slater, and we see signs that it’s getting ready to open.
So far, there are six restaurants on the roster:
- Spitfire, known for its north of the border tacos.
- Head Lettuce, chopping up fresh salads and healthy eats.
- Checkered Churros, home of the waffle/churro hybrid.
- Harvey Carvers, a new restaurant serving whole meat sandwiches.
- Earlybird Breakfast Burritos, serving its namesake entrée all day.
- Scotty Dogs, elevating your hot dog experience.
The new collective is slated to open in early 2023, and is currently hiring for positions at all six stores. The project was first announced in 2021, and will make use of a space that formerly housed the PB Denny’s that was damaged by a fire in 2018.
Another local food hall is always a plus.