Table of Contents
Looking to meet your New Year’s resolution in San Diego? From feeling fit to finding more family time, check out our local resolution recommendations below.
💪 Join a gym or fitness class
- Earned Fitness | 6690 Mission Gorge Rd., Ste. O | Semi-private coaching sessions will help you on your path to a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Beach Spin | Hotel del Coronado, 1500 Orange Ave. | This cardio-blasting, 45-minute workout goes down at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on the historic hotel’s lawn — with views of the ocean.
- Floating Yogis | Mission Bay and Agua Hedionda Lagoon | Yoga meets paddle boarding in this class, which returns this spring.
- Yoga with Shawna | Mission Beach, Ormond Court and Ocean Front Walk | This daily class — 11 a.m.-12 p.m. — welcomes yogis of all levels to find zen in the sand.
💆 Practice self care
- Lemongrass Aveda Salon & Spa | 910 Second St. | This Encinitas-based spa specializes in a holistic approach to hair, skin, and body care — try a relaxing massage or facial, or get a new ‘do.
- Fairmont Spa & Wellness | Fairmont Grand Del Mar, 5300 Grand Del Mar Ct. | Treat yourself to a five-star spa experience while surrounded by the beauty of Los Peñasquitos Canyon Preserve.
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve | 12600 N. Torrey Pines Rd. | Nature, hiking, and breathtaking ocean views will have you feeling refreshed in no time.
♻️ Shop sustainably
- Kitchens for Good Shop | 980 Hornblend St. | Local nonprofit Kitchens for Good runs this colorful shop in Pacific Beach where you can buy “pre-loved” cooking, baking, and dining items. You can donate your gently used kitchenware, too.
- The Mighty Bin | 2855 El Cajon Blvd., Ste. 4 | This zero-waste grocery store offers package-free food, personal care, and household items — with dispensers that let you buy exactly the amount of whatever you need.
- Bad Madge & Co. | 2205 Fern St. | This boutique resale shop in South Park is brimming with clothing, accessories, furniture, and antique goods. It was ranked the top vintage and consignment store in the US by Yelp in 2022.
🍳 Cook more meals at home
- Sur La Table | Fashion Valley Mall, 7007 Friars Rd., Ste. 930b | The store offers in-person cooking classes daily — from breadmaking and perfecting your basic knife skills, to full-fledged meals from around the world.
- Eatsies | La Jolla | Chef Teri offers three-hour, custom cooking classes for small groups in her La Jolla home — bring some to-go containers.
- Pasta Bella San Diego | Locations vary | Learn the basics of making fresh pasta at these workshops, which travel to different locations around San Diego County.
📖 Read more books
- Warwick’s | 7812 Girard Ave. | Billed as “the country’s oldest continuously family-owned and operated bookstore,” this iconic shop in the Village of La Jolla hosts weekly author events and book signings.
- Verbatim Books | 3793 30th St. | Sell, trade, or buy secondhand books — and, of course, pose for a pic inside this Instagram-worthy shop.
- Bluestocking Books | 3817 Fifth Ave. | Find titles for days in this tiny space in the heart of Hillcrest.
📚 Feeling extra committed? Check out our roundup of 26 books by local authors.
🌸 Spend more quality time with family
- Balboa Park | 1549 El Prado | Explore the trails, gardens, and museums at this historic local landmark, or enjoy a free Sunday concert at the Spreckels Organ Pavilion.
- La Jolla Shores | Camino del Oro | Walk along the shoreline, sit on a blanket and enjoy the ocean views, or trek down to Scripps Pier.
- Mission Trails Regional Park | One Father Junipero Serra Trail | With more than 65 miles of trails across 8,000 acres, enjoy the natural beauty of this happy place.
🎨 Nurture creativity
- San Diego Craft Collective | 2590 Truxtun Rd., Studio 106 | Take up a woodworking workshop or crafting class — or invite the kids to an art lesson.
- Painting & Vino | Locations vary | Paint a masterpiece while sipping on wine — there are classes all over town.
- Art on 30th | 4434 30th St. | Tap into your creativity with a variety of art classes and workshops across mediums — and even get career coaching from fellow artists.