A new outdoor experience is swinging into La Mesa. The year-long renovation of Collier Park is nearly complete, a project that has transformed the 7.7-acre community space.
The park’s $4.5 million redevelopment is part of a greater master plan adopted in 2013. It’s been closed for construction since November 2022 but when the park reopens, visitors will find upgraded amenities and completely redesigned areas, including:
- New playground and fitness equipment
- A nature trail and amphitheatre
- New picnic spots and a shaded pavilion
- Lighted pickleball and tennis courts
- A 25-car parking lot and a new overflow lot
The city expects a soft opening by the end of this year; a grand opening ceremony is tentatively scheduled for Feb. 10, 2024.