Bust out that red and black SDSU gear ( or maybe that fresh Final Four swag) — the time is now.
The SDSU Aztecs Men’s Basketball team made history when they advanced to the Final Four in the NCAA’s March Madness tournament. Next, they’ll battle the Florida Atlantic Owls for a shot at the finals — Saturday, April 1, at 3:09 p.m., at NRG Stadium in Houston.
Here are some spots hosting free Aztecs watch parties:
- Viejas Arena — the same venue that was buzzing with excitement last weekend — will host a watch party starting at 2 p.m.
- The Gaslamp Quarter (at Fifth and Island avenues) will transform itself into Hoops Madness starting at 1 p.m. — the ultimate Aztecs fans zone featuring games, vendors, and the game on a big screen.
- Quartyard will open its doors at 1 p.m. for its Aztecs Viewing Party, with live music and drink specials.
- Little Italy Food Hall will offer drink and food specials during the big game, starting at 3 p.m.
- AleSmith Brewing Company will host another watch party, with $5 deals on pints of San Diego State Ale — the brewery’s crafty collab with SDSU.
- The Duck Dive in Pacific Beach will host $10-$30 food and drink gametime specials.
- Miss B’s Coconut Club in Mission Beach will offer $5-$10 specials for the Aztecs crowd during the game.
- The Shores Restaurant in La Jolla will air the game on its big screen TVs and offer a $20 special that includes a beer or margarita paired with a Ceviche Mixto Tostada or Loaded Asada Fries.
- Maverick’s Beach Club in PB has 38 TVs, and the Aztecs game will rule the screens in the lower house bar.
- Novo Brazil Brewing’s location at Otay Ranch Mall features a 22-ft LED screen and three other 14-ft screens, and it’ll be poppin’ during the Final Four game.
If the Aztecs win on Saturday, they’ll go on to play in the finals on Monday, April 3. We’ll be cheering right there with you, San Diego.