Get ready to fill up your reusable shopping bags with fruits and veggies, San Diegans.
In the spirit of supporting all things local, we’ve rounded up 22 farmers markets in the San Diego area where you can head outside to find fresh food, live music, and local vendors.
Hillcrest Farmers Market | Sundays, year-round| 9 a.m.-2p.m.
- Features: You’ll find 175+ vendors, new merchants weekly, live music, food, and local produce.
- Parking: Free parking on surrounding streets and in the San Diego Unified School District, California DMV, and USPS lots.
La Jolla Open Aire Market | Sundays, year-round | 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Features: This market includes local artisans and cooking demos, meals, and fresh produce.
- Parking: Street parking, and in the lots at The Gillespie School, La Jolla Elementary, and the public lot on Genter Street.
Point Loma Farmers Market | Sundays, year-round | 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Features: This market new market seeks to connect farmers and families and will benefit Devoted to Youth.
- Parking: The market takes place at the Point Loma High School Main Parking Lot — find parking there.
Leucadia Farmers Market | Sundays, year-round | 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Features: Discover 75+ vendors, specialty foods, and breakfast and lunch available for purchase.
- Parking: Parking pods by Paul Ecke Central Elementary and street parking. Note: If you bike, you will receive a voucher for $1 off any purchase.
Third Avenue Village Market | Sundays, year-round | 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Features: This market launched in 2022 and brings 60+ vendors selling locally-grown produce, prepared foods, and artisan goods to downtown Chula Vista.
- Parking: Metered street parking, or find a public lot.
Welks Resorts Certified Farmers’ Market | Mondays, year-round | 3-7 p.m.
- Features: This Escondido farmers market is the county’s only one on Mondays, and it includes local vendors, organic produce, and monthly scavenger hunts.
- Parking: Lawrence Welk Resort lots.
Coronado Farmers Market | Tuesdays, year-round | 2:30-6 p.m.
- Features: This small, long-running market offers fresh food, fruits and vegetables, and flowers at Coronado Ferry Landing.
- Parking: Coronado Ferry Landing offers a paid parking lot, nearby street parking, or take the ferry from downtown San Diego.
Escondido Certified Farmers’ Market | Tuesdays, year-round | 2:30-6 p.m. (October-May), 2:30-7 p.m. (June-September)
- Features: Browse local vendors and produce at Heritage Garden park until sundown.
- Parking: Street parking.
San Marcos Certified Farmers Market | Tuesdays, year-round | 3-7 p.m. summer and spring; 3-6 p.m. fall and winter
- Features: Live music and local vendors selling produce, jewelry, pet goods, and hot meals.
- Parking: June and Campus ways parking structures.
Mira Mesa Certified Farmers’ Market | Tuesdays, starting second Tuesday in February | 3-7 p.m. (February-October), 3-6 p.m. (November + December)
- Features: This market is home to local vendors, with a presence of Asian dishes and ingredients.
- Parking: Mira Mesa High School Parking Lot.
Otay Ranch Farmers’ Market | Tuesdays, year-round | 4-8 p.m.
- Features: This Chula Vista market has over 20 local farmers and 25 prepared food vendors.
- Parking: Otay Ranch Town Center lots.
Pacific Beach Tuesday Farmers’ Market | Tuesdays, year-round | 2-7 p.m.
- Features: Find produce from certified farm vendors and explore locally-made products and eateries.
- Parking: Street parking, or find a paid lot nearby.
Little Italy Mercato | Wednesdays 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Saturdays 8 a.m.-2 p.m., year-round
- Features: Shop flowers, art, produce, food, and more at this 6-block market with rotating vendors.
- Parking: Street parking is limited — explore nearby lots.
Note: Saturday’s market tends to bring more crowds and vendors.
OB Farmers Market | Wednesdays, year-round | 4-8 p.m.
- Features: The eclectic beach community hosts 100+ vendors selling food, crafts, pre-packaged meals, and more.
- Parking: Street parking, or find a nearby lot.
Santee Certified Farmers Market | Wednesdays, year-round | 2:30-6:30 p.m. (November-February), 3-7 p.m. (March-October)
- Features: A small, neighborhood market featuring fresh, locally-grown produce, fresh bread, dog treats, and food.
- Parking: Pathways Church parking lot.
State Street Farmers’ Market | Wednesdays, year-round | 2:30-6 p.m. (November-February), 2:30-7 p.m. (March-October)
- Features: Find vendors selling fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers, and many products that aren’t readily available in traditional grocery stores — plus, new vendors rotate in.
- Parking: Street parking, or find a public lot
North Park Thursday Market | Thursdays, year-round | 3-7:30 p.m.
- Features: 50+ vendors selling produce and locally-made goods, plus fun and events at the North Park Mini Park.
- Parking: Street parking, or park in the North Park Parking Garage for $1 per hour.
Oceanside Certified Farmers Market | Thursdays, year-round | 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Features: Vendors selling produce, flowers, and artisan baked goods. Later on Thursdays, 5-9 p.m., the Oceanside Sunset Market brings live music and 200+ merchants selling food, crafts, and other goods.
- Parking: Street parking available, as are paid and public lots.
La Mesa Village Farmers Market | Fridays, year-round | 3-7:30 p.m.
- Features: This local market celebrates its 30th anniversary in 2023 and continues to offer food, locally-made goods, and entertainment in the heart of the Village.
- Parking: Free parking at Civic Center, street parking.
Cardiff Farmers Market | Saturdays, year-round | 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Features: This new market has a growing collection of vendors selling produce, hot foods, drinks, and local goods.
- Parking: MiraCosta College San Elijo Campus parking lot.
Poway Farmers Market | Saturdays, year-round | 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Features: Find 65+ vendors, live music, and freshly-prepared food near Old Poway Park and Poway-Midland Railroad.
- Parking: Old Poway Park’s lots and street parking
Vista Farmers Market | Saturdays, year-round | 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Features: This market has been operating since 1981 — making it San Diego County’s longest-running farmers market. It features over 50 farmers, 40+ foodmakers, and over a dozen local crafters.
- Parking: The market is at the Superior Court North County Division, and the lot has 600+ parking spaces.
Ready to go shopping? Map out your next trip.