The 10-day festivity runs from Fri., Nov. 4-Sun., Nov. 13, with special events and deals across participating breweries + restaurants. The grandest is the 2022 Guild Fest, which returns on Sat., Nov. 5, for the first time since 2019. Here’s what’s on tap.
🎉 Guild Fest
Produced by the San Diego Brewers Guild (SDBG) to kick-off Beer Week, the 21+ outdoor shindig goes down from 1-4 p.m. at Surf Sports Park in Del Mar. General admission attendees can sample sips from 60+ local craft breweries while enjoying live music, lawn games, and food trucks.
- For an extra $15, VIP admission gets you into the festival an hour earlier and includes specialty pours.
- If beer isn’t your thing, sip from kombucha brands + wineries at fest.
- Parking is available onsite for $12.
- Designated Driver tickets will be sold at the door for $20, which include festival access sans the suds.
- Peep the beer list ahead of the fest to plot your tasting priorities.
🍺 More toast-worthy deets
- Beer Week begins with a virtual toast at all SDBG member breweries at 7 p.m. Friday.
- For the sixth time, a Capital of Craft IPA will be released during Beer Week — a limited-edition collab between Pizza Port Brewing Company, BattleMage Brewing, Culver Beer, Fall Brewing, Mcilhenney Brewing, Mujeres Brew House, My Yard Live, and TapRoom Beer. Look for it at Guild Fest + across SDBG breweries.
- The closing event — The Beer Garden at The Lodge at Torrey Pines — is on Sun., Nov. 13, and will showcase 28 breweries alongside food from 14 renowned local chefs.
- Did you know? The SDBG is celebrating its 25th anniversary. Over the summer, we spoke with executive director Paige McWey Acers about the Capital of Craft — from humble beginnings to present day.