The San Diego Symphony announced its lineup of concerts happening at The Rady Shell this summer and we have to say, we’re picking up “Good Vibrations.”
The Conrad Prebys 2023 Summer Season of concerts will run June-September at the picturesque waterfront venue, and these are some of the highlights:
- Summer 2023 Opening Night: Rafael Payare and Pacho Flores | Fri., June 30 | 7 p.m. | Payare and the orchestra are joined by the trumpeter to kick off the season at The Shell.
- The Beach Boys | Saturday, July 1 | 7:30 p.m. | Wouldn’t it be nice if the surf rock icons returned to San Diego? Yes, yes it would.
- 4th of July Dance Party: C&C Music Factory with DJ Prince Hakim | Tuesday, July 4 | 7 p.m. | Things that make you go hmmmm — oh, this is gonna be good.
- The Jacksons and Village People | Sunday, July 16 | 7:30 p.m. | “ABC,” “Y.M.C.A.” — it’s not a spelling test, it’s a dance party.
- Guster with the San Diego Symphony Orchestra | Saturday, July 29 | 7:30 p.m. | The indie rockers share a jam session with the orchestra.
- Gipsy Kings featuring Nicolas Reyes | Sunday, Aug. 13 | 7:30 p.m. | The flamenco, salsa, and pop hitmakers headline.
- Gladys Knight and Patti LaBelle | Saturday, Aug. 19 | 7 p.m. | Um, iconic much?
- Counting Crows | Sunday, Sept. 3 | 6:30 p.m. | ‘Round here, something radiates.
Of course, this is just a sample of the many shows coming to The Shell. Season passes are available now.
Did you know? The season at the outdoor venue will wrap up right before the San Diego Symphony returns to its renovated Jacobs Music Center at Copley Symphony Hall. The 94-year-old downtown San Diego venue is undergoing a $125 million overhaul, and is set to reopen Saturday, Nov. 4. We’ll bring you more on that later this year.