It’s easy to have ”Sunny Days” in our city but on Sat., March 26, the vibe will only get nicer as Sesame Place San Diego opens in Chula Vista. Here’s a little counting lesson for you lifelong learners: The 17-acre theme park is only the second Sesame Place in the US (the other is in Philly) — and the only one on the West Coast.
So, in our finest, growliest Cookie Monster voice, me want it, but me wait — but not for long. Here are the details. 🍪
🗺️ Can you show me how to get to Sesame Street?
Sure can. Sesame Place San Diego is located at 2052 Entertainment Circle in Chula Vista — at the same site that once housed SeaWorld’s Aquatica water park.
🎢 The rides + activities
The amusement park features 18 rides inspired by “Sesame Street,” plus a 500,000-gallon heated wave pool — so pack those swimsuits. A replica neighborhood complete with the famous 123 Stoop features interactive games.
🚀 Among the dry rides:
- Elmo’s Rockin’ Rockets, which flies up + down on a trip through outer space.
- Super Grover’s Box Car Derby, a kid-friendly coaster with hills, turns + mini dives.
💧 Makin’ a splash:
- Big Bird’s Beach, a sandy shoreline surrounding the wave pool.
- Big Bird’s Rambling River, an innertube adventure with waterfalls.
- The Count’s Splash Castle, a multi-level water playground.
🏡 Do the characters live here?
DYK? This theme park is designated as a Certified Autism Center, which means staff is trained to cater to all kids — including those with autism + other special needs.