Here’s some fresh news. San Diego was ranked the No. 2 cleanest city in the US by InsureMyTrip.
The travel insurance comparison site looked at government and consumer data sets, comparing data on hand sanitizer demand, restaurant cleanliness, recycling collector quantity, garbage disposal satisfaction, electric vehicle market share, and particulate matter pollution to reach its findings.
InsureMyTrip then standardized the data and gave each city a score between 0 and 10, with 0 being the worst and 10 being the best — except for particulate matter pollution, where 10 represents the least polluted. Here’s how San Diego scored:
- Hand sanitizer demand: 2.11
- Restaurant cleanliness: 10
- Recycling collector quantity: 3.32
- Garbage disposal satisfaction: 8.82
- Electric vehicle market share: 10
- Particulate matter pollution: 5.26
San Diego’s overall score was 6.58. Long Beach (No. 1), Tampa (No. 4), and Raleigh (No. 15) were also featured on the list.