Talk about a hoppy haul: San Diego craft breweries won 15 medals at the long-running Great American Beer Festival in Denver, proving once more why our city is the Capital of Craft. 🍻
🥇 North Park Beer Co. racked up four medals, the most of any local brewery: Gold for NZ-FU! New Zealand IPA, a silver for X-Raying Citra, and two bronze for Hop-Fu! + Double-Fu!. It also won Brewery of the Year in its size category.
Santee’s BNS Brewing & Distilling scored gold for its My Bloody Nightmare and Carlsbad’s Rouleur Brewing Co. for its Domestique Blonde Ale.
🥈 The local silver medalists:
- Athletic Brewing (Lemon Radler)
- Bagby Beer Company (Three Beagles)
- Gravity Heights (Brewer’s Best)
- Kilowatt Brewing (Maple Smoked Maibock)
- Mother Earth Brewing Company (Hop Diggity)
- Pizza Port Brewing Company: Ocean Beach (Guillame)
- Societe Brewing (The Coachman)
- Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens: Liberty Station (Stone Cimmerian Portal)
🥉 The bronze winners:
- The Lost Abbey (Peach Afternoon)
- Collab between Pizza Port: Ocean Beach, Chula Vista Brewery, Karl Strauss Brewing + Nickel Beer Company (Guns Out For Grains Out)
The competition included a total of 9,904 entries across 98 categories, with an average of 99 beers entered in each category, so San Diego brewers really tapped into their talents to pull out their sweet victories.
Back in May, 13 local breweries won big at the 2022 World Beer Cup; it’s safe to say that sudsy success is just what SD does.