Say shell-o to The Rady Shell at Jacobs Park, the music venue bringing entertainment to the Embarcadero. If open-air shows + views of San Diego Bay sound like your groove, we’re singing along with you. But we’re not the only ones, performers are amped to use the new space.
It’s going to be a shell of a year for the venue. Last year, our patience paid off — the San Diego Symphony celebrated the grand opening of the Shell + their new permanent home in August after a 13-month pandemic delay. For its first full year, we wanted to check out the new space and some of the 2022 shows you can get tickets + packages to see.
- Wed., May 18 | Olivia Rodrigo “Sour Tour”
- Sat., Aug. 6 | The Beach Boys “Six Years of the Sounds of Summer”
- Tues., Aug 2 | Sheryl Crow
- Tues., Sept. 27 | Bonnie Raitt “Just Like That… Tour 2022”
🎼 San Diego Symphony Orchestra Shows
- Fri., July 1 | Marvel’s “Black Panther” in Concert
- Sat., July 2 | “Toy Story” in Concert
- Fri., July 29 + Sat., July 30 | “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1” in Concert
- Fri., Aug 12 | “The Princess Bride” in Concert
- Sun., June 19 | Steve Martin + Martin Short “You Won’t Believe What They Look Like Today”
- Thurs., Sept. 22 | Tom Segura “I’m Coming Everywhere – World Tour”
🐚 Shell me more
- The Rady Shell has 13,000 square feet of covered performance space.
- There’s flexible seating to fit ~10,000 people.
- The shell shape allows for a unique + immersive sound experience where acoustics can be fine-tuned for different performances.
- It sits along San Diego Bay, so it’s kind of part of our skyline.
- It hosts public and community events, but it may have closures due to ticketed events.
- The white stage can be used to add visually immersive performances.
- San Diego Symphony performances begin in April with free Sunday shows on Mother’s Day + Memorial Day Weekend.