Fall is here, so it’s time to add a little spice to our diets: pumpkin spice. Despite the stretches of warm weather, San Diego businesses have been embracing the fall staple. If you’re always pumped for pumpkin flavors this time of year, we’ve rounded up 13 treats you can find around town until the season changes.
🎃 Pumpkin drinks
- City Editors Monica + Michael like pumpkin a latte, and recently went to Bird Rock Coffee Roasters for Spiced Pumpkin Lattes — served hot or iced — and we strongly approve. Plus, you can buy the syrup.
- The Great Pumpkin at HOB Coffee would make Charlie Brown proud; it’s nitro cold brew topped with pumpkin cold foam.
- Dark Horse Coffee Roasters has a few pumpkin treats, but if you have a sweet tooth you’ll want to try the Dirty Pumpkin, a mocha + pumpkin mash-up.
- The secret is out: Spill the Beans released its fall menu that will make you feel like a Basic Witch — the chain’s latte with pumpkin + vanilla.
- Better Buzz always celebrates pumpkin season with a menu of fall drinks — this year, we’re big fans of the Pumpkin Chai Latte when we need a break from coffee.
🎃 Sweet treats
- Here’s the scoop: Salt & Straw’s latest Ice Scream experiment is Jack o’ Lantern Pumpkin Bread.
- The Cravory Cookies in Point Loma is burying its Pumpkin Graveyard Cookies in Oreo crumbles.
- Donut forget about breakfast — or dessert — with a Pumpkin Cheesecake donut from Nomad Donuts.
- You’ll fall for all the seasonal flavors in the Pumpkin Apple Pecan Scones at Extraordinary Desserts.
🎃 The classics
- Pop Pie Co. is serving up classic pumpkin pie at its three San Diego Shops — or sweeten the experience with its Pumpkin Piescream.
- Maya’s Cookies is bringing chocolate chip cookies into the season with its Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip.
- Hillcrest’s Bread and Cie packs big pumpkin flavor into its smaller-than-pie Pumpkin Tartlets.
- The perfect start to the morning? A Pepita Pumpkin Muffin from Blackmarket Bakery.