Whether you need to register to vote, inquire about residential services, or just stay in the know about civic happenings, we’re here to connect you with the right department in the City of San Diego.
“I want to adopt an animal.”
- Animal Services | The city works with the San Diego Humane Society to offer services like dog licensing, microchipping, pet adoptions, and more.
“I want to explore San Diego’s art scene.”
- Commission for Arts and Culture | Get updates on artist grants, citywide creative programs, and public art projects.
“How do I best prepare for a fire?”
- Office of Emergency Services | Learn how to build an emergency preparedness kit and stay connected with local response teams.
“My garbage hasn’t been picked up.”
- Environmental Services | Learn about waste collection, composting, and recycling programs.
“I’d like to plan a city festival or parade.”
- Special Events & Filming | This department will connect you with the city to book a special event or authorization to film a project on public property.
“I’d like to start a business.”
- Economic Development | Register your business, pay taxes, and apply for permits and grants.
“I need help finding a place to live.”
- Homelessness Strategies and Solutions | View available outreach services, shelters, and storage centers.
“Which parks are the best for ages 6-12?”
- Parks and Recreation | Discover local community events, volunteer opportunities, or nearby recreation centers.
“I’d like to work for the city.”
- Human Resources | View the city’s employment opportunities and application resources.
“What is going on with all this street construction?”
- Transportation | Learn about upcoming road work, street sweeping schedules, and local transit.
And that’s not all. There are even more city departments to address your concerns — so let us know which ones you’re curious about and we’ll continue this series. Need urgent city services? Use the Get It Done platform.