By now, you know how much Michael and I love a good, local coffee shop. Throughout our 2022 coworking sessions, we explored many java gems with delicious drinks — and brimming with that special San Diego energy. 🌇
Here’s our list of 30 buzzy coffee shops we loved in 2022. We’ll be exploring more in 2023, so please send us your recommendations. ☕
From our first batch:
- Better Buzz Coffee
- Spill the Beans | Pro tip: Pair the Basic Sitch with an everything bagel for perfection.
- Communal Coffee
- The West Bean
- The Living Room Coffeehouse La Jolla | Pro tip: Give yourself time to gaze at the Pacific Ocean.
- Daniel’s Coffee Cart | Pro tip: Find Daniel’s inside the Spanish Village at Balboa Park.
- Blue Bottle Coffee
- Lightbulb Coffee | Pro tip: Dine in, and ask for your drink in a lightbulb cup.
- Café Bassam
- Bird Rock Coffee Roasters
We needed another caffeine fix, so we visited these:
- Flor & Seed Coffee Roasters | Pro tip: This is the spot for small-batch coffees from Mexico.
- Jaunt Coffee Roasters
- HOB Coffee
- Bowls N Brews
- Superbloom | Pro tip: You’ll be charmed by the bay views, the vineyard, the vibes — moving in ASAP.
- Pink Rose Cafe | Pro tip: Brace yourself for many selfies at this all-pink paradise, and read our Q+A with owner Nadia Zamora.
- Mostra Coffee
- S3 Coffee Bar | Pro tip: The wall art will make you feel like you’re in another world.
- Big City Bagels Café
- Parakeet Cafe
We knew there were more buzzworthy spots, so we kept going (we’re dedicated like that):
- Ultreya Coffee & Tea | Pro tip: Sit on the “Friends” couch, you won’t regret it.
- Chikita Café | Pro tip: Browse the fun merch, sip your drink on the patio.
- Brick & Bell
- Lofty Coffee Co.
- Kaffee Meister
- Public Square Coffee House | Pro tip: Do not — we repeat — do not leave without trying a scone.
- Por Vida Café | Pro tip: If you visit the location at Old Town Urban Market, you can grab tacos (hi, Tuetano Taqueria) and elote from neighboring vendors — and truly have it all.
- Lestat’s on Adams
- The Invigatorium | Pro tip: The decorations will have you buzzing, the coffee pours like beer, and there are no breakfast tacos.
- Clairemont Coffee