Peep this: Spring has sprung and Easter is around the corner, meaning San Diego is blooming with fun. So, we’re celebrating with a basketful of events that include egg hunts, brunch, and photo ops.
Saturday, April 1
- Easter Eggspress | Saturday, Apr. 1 + Sunday, Apr. 2 | 9:30-11 a.m. | San Diego Model Railroad Museum, 1649 El Prado, San Diego | $20 | Children can hop into an egg quest, special trains, and storytime.
- Plunge EGGstravaganza: Underwater Egg Hunt | Saturday, Apr. 1 | 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m. | Plunge, 3115 Ocean Front Walk, San Diego | $25-$45 | Hunt for eggs in the water and on land — plus, a floating obstacle course and visits from the Easter Bunny.
- EGGstravaganza Spring Festival | Saturday, Apr. 1 | 10 a.m.-1 p.m. | Poinsettia Community Park, 6600 Hidden Valley Rd., Carlsbad | Free | Hunt for eggs during the “Egg Scramble,” plus enjoy games, food, and the Easter Bunny.
- Pacific Southwest Railway Museum Bunny Train | Saturday, April 1-Saturday, April 8 | Times vary | Campo Depot, 750 Depot St., Campo | $14-$40 | Take a train ride with the Easter Bunny to the museum and egg hunts.
- Easter Egg Hunt and Picnic | Saturday, Apr. 1 | 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. | Pioneer Park, 1521 Washington Place, San Diego | Free | Pack a lunch and head outside for this egg hunt.
- Easter 2023 at Seaport Village | Saturday, Apr. 1 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | Seaport Village, 849 W. Harbor Dr., San Diego | Free | Hang ten with the very San Diego-centric Beach Bunny.
- Special Needs Egg Hunt | Saturday, Apr. 1 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Cottonwood Park, 1778 East Palomar St., Chula Vista | Free | Five accessible egg hunts, including magnetic and beeping eggs and a quiet area.
Tuesday, April 4
- Easter Eggstravaganza | Tuesday, Apr. 4 | 1-3:30 p.m. | Parkway Plaza, 415 Fletcher Parkway, El Cajon | Free | Watch four elementary schools compete in live giant egg painting, plus an egg hunt, bunny hop sack races, and bunny photos.
Wednesday, April 5
- Photos with the Easter Bunny and Sweet Treats | Wednesday, Apr. 5 | 2-5 p.m. | One Paseo, 3725 Paseo Place, San Diego | Free | A creative art session with the New Children’s Museum, sweets by SusieCakes, and photos with the bunny.
Saturday, April 8
- Normal Heights EGGstravaganza | Saturday, Apr. 8 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Normal Heights Community Center, 4649 Hawley Blvd., San Diego | Free | The community hosts its first egg hunt with crafts and goodies.
- Spring Egg Hunt | Saturday, Apr. 8 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Encinitas Community Park, 425 Santa Fe Dr., Encinitas | Free | Hunt for 20,000+ eggs with live music by Hullabaloo.
- Easter Extravaganza | Saturday, Apr. 8 | 11 a.m.-5 p.m. | IB Artisan Market, 829 Seacoast Dr., Imperial Beach | Free | Bring your baskets — kids can hunt for eggs and parents can shop for local crafts and goods from artisan vendors.
Sunday, April 9
- Easter at The Del | Sunday, Apr. 9 | 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. | Hotel del Coronado, 1500 Orange Ave., Coronado | $95-$175 | Hop into a lunch buffet + egg hunts at 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. for brunch and hotel guests.
- Easter Brunch + Egg Hunt | Sunday, Apr. 9 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | The Dana on Mission Bay, 1710 W. Mission Bay Dr., San Diego | $25-$45 | Enjoy brunch at the Firefly Eatery & Bar with live music and egg hunts for kids.
- Easter Brunch Buffet | Sunday, Apr. 9 | 10 a.m.-2 p.m. | Lakehouse Hotel & Resort, 1025 La Bonita Dr., San Marcos | $35-$85 | Dig into brunch with music, games, an egg hunt, and photos with the bunny on the Garden Court.
- Easter Champagne Brunch Buffet | Sunday, Apr. 9 | 10 a.m.-3 p.m. | Oceana Coastal Kitchen, 3999 Mission Blvd., San Diego | $60-$120 | Enjoy brunch, a boat ride, and crafts and bunny visits for kids.
Through Saturday, April 8
- Hop to It! Caring Bunny Returns | Through Saturday, April 8 | Times vary | Fashion Valley Mall, 7007 Friars Rd., San Diego | $20-$50 | Get your picture taken with the bunny — reservations recommended.